The Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Technology provides students with the critical skills and essential knowledge necessary to direct and control computerized information resources within diverse organizational settings.
This course of study teaches the design, planning and management of information infrastructures and the coordination of information resources. The curriculum covers the concepts upon which information systems are based and their application in designing solutions to real world problems.
Upon successful completion of the B.S.– IST program, students will be able to:
- Define, analyze, and apply information system requirements
- Design, implement, and administer effective information technology solutions based on requirements.
- Use appropriate project management methods in the creation of an information technology project plan.
- Identify and apply information technology methods used to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information and its delivery systems.
- Identify and incorporate relevant ethical, legal, security, and social issues in a technology environment.
There is only one Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Technology. Students may choose one of three program Concentrations:
- MDC application for admission.
- A.A. or A.S. degree from a regionally accredited institution OR a minimum of 60 credit hours with a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Completion of the following courses:
- MAC1105 – College Algebra
- STA2023 – Statistical Methods
- ECO2013 – Principles of Economics
- CGS1060C – Introduction to Microcomputers
- CGS1540C – Database Concepts and Design
- COP1334 – Introduction to C++ Programming
- Either CTS1134 – Networking Technologies or CTS1650 – Networking Fundamentals
Graduates may find employment in job roles such as:
- Information Technology (IT) Management
- Information Systems Management
- Computing Services Management
- Technical Services Management
- Network Administrator
- Network Specialist
- Network Manager
- Information Security
- Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Security Manager
- Security Specialist
- Incident Responder
- Penetration Tester
- Security Engineer
- Security System Administrator
- Security Consultant
- Software Developer
- Web Developer
- Application Developer