Testing Requirements and Acceptable IDs
All students (including secondary school students testing for post-secondary readiness, dual enrollment, the School for Advanced Studies, or other purposes) must have an active MDC student identification number (MDID), e-mail address, and present one form of current/valid identification (ID) prior to taking any examination. All forms of identification must be original and the ID's must match the name in MDC's record system. Acceptable ID must be current/valid original official picture ID from list below:
- Driver's License issued by the United States (including Digital IDs, such as the Florida Smart ID)
- Any official Florida ID
- U.S. Passport, U.S. Passport Card, or Permanent Resident Card
- MDC ID Card (limited to MDC Online/Academic testing, ACCUPLACER, CART, CASAS, CCE, CSP, FCLE, ICBE, PERT, TABE,)
- Foreign Passport with U.S. Visa (see important information below)
- Military ID
- Tribal ID
Secondary school students testing for post-secondary readiness, dual enrollment, the School or Advanced Studies, or other purposes must present a current/valid official picture ID from the acceptable IDs list above or other approved ID from the list below:
- School ID
- Permanent Resident Card
- Notarized statement with picture.
Note: High school graduates cannot use their school ID after the M-DCPS Last Day of School.
- A second form of ID may be requested. This second ID must have the student's name with a signature or a picture (e.g. school ID, library card, social security card, voter registration card, credit/debit card, or other official ID bearing the student's name and signature).
- General Information on Florida Driver Licenses and ID Cards is available via the FLHSMV website.
- On June 7, 2019, an extended decree by the Venezuelan National Assembly extended the validity of previously issued Venezuelan passports. U.S. Customs and Border Protection has issued an article detailing a validity period of 5 years from expiry for all Venezuelan passports. (Source: U.S. Customs and Border Protection notice published 10/12/2022. Venezuela Extension of Passport Validity).
- All test sessions are monitored and recorded.
- The Testing and Assessment Department reserves the right to photograph any student taking any examination.
Student Deans Council on 01/22/2018