Performing Arts and Industries
Dr. Liza Seigido
- Associates in Arts from Miami-Dade Community College
- Bachelor of Music from the University of Florida
- Master of Music from Florida International University
- Doctor of Musical Arts from the University of Miami
Dr. Liza Seigido is a Miami-based composer, performer, educator, and concert producer. She is one of the founding directors of the Kendall Sound Art new music concert series (http://kendallsoundart.com), and is currently serving on the CMN Arts’ board of directors (http://www.cmnarts.org). On January 20th, 2015, she was awarded the Jennylin Duany Light Bulb Fund Honorary Award by the Miami Light Project, which served to fund the development of an original work entitled “Daphne” for live processed voice, live processed electric cello, and interactive video overlay.
Dr. Seigido was also a founding member of Fridamusiq (http://www.fridamusiq.com)—a Miami-based avant-garde ensemble. Fridamusiq has been featured in the 12 Nights concert series hosted in the Wynwood Art District, and in the bi-annual Subtropics Festival, which is hosted in the Audiotheque studio on Lincoln Road. Fridamusiq has also performed in various University of Miami and Tigertail events.
Dr. Seigido doctoral essay was Missa della Grande Transizione for Live Processed Voice and Stereographic Video. Her Master’s Thesis was Lamentos de un Presidiario: Chamber Opera.
Dr. Seigido is currently teaching at Miami Dade College, Miami International University of Art and Design, and at the Superior Academy of Music. Her music has been performed across the United States and in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Awarded the “Jennylin Duany Light Bulb Fund Honorary Award” by the Miami Light Project (January 20, 2015)
- Work Commissioned by Janis Mercer on behalf of the San Francisco Community Music Center’s YMP program (2014) which made it’s World Premier on May 31, 2014. Visit sfcmc.org for more information.
- Original Composition selected for performance in 35th Annual Humanities and Technology Conference (HTA) hosted by St. Thomas University (Miami Gardens, Florida). Conference Dates: November 7-9, 2013
- Performance with Jaap Blonk— Dutch avant garde composer & performance artist. Hosted in the “Audiotheque” studio located in Miami Beach, Florida on Friday October 4, 2013.
- Original Composition Selected for Performance in Subtropics Festival XXII. Hosted in the “Audiotheque” studio located in Miami Beach, Florida from March 1-17, 2013.
- Original Composition Selected for performance in Festival Miami Emerging Composers Concert. Hosted by the University of Miami (Coral Gables, Florida) on October 11, 2012
- Original Composition selected for performance in “Music at the MOCA” by Members of the Cleveland Orchestra and the New World Symphony. Hosted by the Museum of Contemporary Art (Miami, Florida) on March 25, 2010.
- Fundamentals Music Theory (MUT 1001)
- Fundamental of Music Theory Lab (MUT 1003)
- Music Theory 1 (MUT 1111)
- Sightsinging & Ear Training 1 (MUT 1241)
- Sightsinging & Ear Training 2 (MUT 1242)
- Music Appreciation (MUL 1010)
- Class Piano I (MVK 1111)