Performing Arts and Industries
- Bachelor of Music (Jazz Performance) from University of Miami
- Master of Music (Jazz Performance) from University of Miami
- Graduate Course Study (Music Education) from Florida International University
- Graduate Course Study (Jazz Pedagogy) Band Director Academy, Lincoln Center
Matt Bonelli is a Jazz and Popular Music Educator, Lecturer, Clinician, Bassist, Performer, and the coordinator of the Jazz Program at Miami Dade College Kendall Campus. Prior to accepting his current position at Kendall Mr. Bonelli taught as adjunct music faculty for Florida International University, University of Miami, and both the Kendall and North campuses of Miami Dade College.
As a professional musician, Mr. Bonelli has performed with internationally known Jazz Artists such as Mose Allison, Roland Hanna, Bobby McFerrin, Carmen Lundy, Danny Gottlieb, Phil Strange, Troy Roberts, and Barry Ries. He has also played with Pop legends like Bo Diddley, Teri DeSario, Bobby Caldwell, the Golden Boys, Little Anthony and the Imperials, the Fifth Dimension, and the Bee Gee’s.
Mr. Bonelli also spent several years performing with Shakespeare Festival touring companies of Broadway Shows like “Jesus Christ Superstar”, “A Chorus Line”, “Purlie” starring Robert Guillaume; “Sugar Babies” starring Mickey Rooney; and “King and I” starring Yul Brener. In addition, as a longtime resident of the south Florida community, Bonelli has performed with other resident Jazz artists, which include: Randy Bernsen, Danny Berger, Ed Calle, Joe Donato, Randoll Dollahan, Jim Gasior, Mike Gerber, Gary Keller, Jesse Jones Jr., Vince Maggio, Brian Murphy, Wendy Pedersen, Mike Orta, Ira Sullivan, and Nicole Yarling.
- 3 time Downbeat Magazine student music award
- Conductor of Miami Dade Public School Superintendent High School Honors Jazz Band
- Clinician for Miami Dade Public School Jazz Band Evaluation
- Jazz Band director for the Summer Arts Institute at University of Miami
- Active member of the Miami Jazz Coop
- Jazz Ensemble (MUN 2711)
- Studio Jazz (MUN 2712)
- Jazz Workshop (MUN 1710)
- Introduction to Jazz Improvisation 1 (MUT 2641)
- Jazz and Popular Music History (MUL 2380)
- Applied Jazz Bass Lessons (MVJ 1014, MVJ 1314 and MVJ 2324)