Effective Fall 2022, MDC students will be responsible for paying ProctorU remote testing fees. The exam fee begins at $18.50. A $3 premium late registration fee is applied to all exams scheduled less than 48 hours prior to the appointment start time. Do not wait to schedule your appointment! ProctorU Student Checklist.
Are you an MDC Online student who needs to take a test?
MDC Online courses require proctored midterm and/or final exams during specified testing dates. The course material will indicate the window of time students have to take the required proctored exams in each course.
- First, review your course syllabus/calendar/materials to find out the exact dates MDC Online has set for you to take your assessment. Students will NOT be authorized to test outside of the specified dates or on weekends.
- Next, please review the Testing Dishonesty and Behavioral Guidelines and the special testing materials and instructions of each particular exam as defined by your instructor. During the exam, do not access online course content or external websites or use unauthorized materials. Review the Prohibited Items in Testing for more information.
- Communicate any special accommodations to your professor and schedule your testing session with your ACCESS coordinator and/or local testing department weeks before your scheduled assessment.
- Finally, decide which of the three options you will choose to take the proctored assessment(s), make the necessary arrangements and scheduling with the proctor you have selected, and pay any associated proctoring fees, if applicable.
- All students – whether testing at an MDC Testing Center or remotely – are expected to adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity outlined in the Student's Rights & Responsibilities, and as published in the MDC Student Code of Conductand the College's procedure for Academic Dishonesty.
Do not wait to schedule your appointment!
Due to the increased demand for ProctorU services, you must schedule your ProctorU appointment as soon as possible as time slots will go quickly. If the desired appointment time is unavailable, you will need to choose a different available time slot. The ProctorU Support Team and MDC Online will not be able to override appointment times in the system.
ProctorU monitors students who take online exams by using webcams and screen-sharing technology. Students need a webcam with a microphone and a reliable, high-speed internet connection to use this service.
ProctorU requires the same proper identification as the MDC Testing Centers. Once you decide to take your proctored exam with ProctorU, visit and follow the steps listed in our ProctorU MDC Portal - Getting Started site to register and schedule your exam.
The cost of proctoring through ProctorU depends on the time the faculty allows for the test. Most MDC Online proctored assessments are scheduled for 2 hours and the cost of ProctorU would be in the range of $25. Students receive notification of actual costs before confirming their testing appointment with ProctorU.
The following are not supported by ProctorU:
- Google Chromebooks (supported for G Suite Certification and G Suite Administrator exams)
- Tablets (Nexus, iPad, Tab, Note, etc.)
- Linux operating systems
- Windows 10 S or Surface RT
- No running inside a virtual machine. You will be asked to reconnect using your host operating system to take your exam.
- No development previews, beta builds or release candidates of any operating system unless specified.
Out of area MDC Online students who reside outside of Miami Dade County may request to have an approved remote proctor to administer their tests. The request must be received by MDC Online prior to the submission deadline posted on the request form. Students are responsible for paying any costs that may be incurred (proctor fees, etc.).
Please follow these steps:
- Find a test facility by searching at the Florida Proctored Testing Centers or at the National College Testing Association.
- Submit the online Request for Proctor Approval form.
- MDC Online will review and verify your proctor. You will be notified no later than three working days prior to your scheduled exam period, contingent on when the form was submitted and the response time of the indicated proctor.
- You must complete a request form for each proctored exam you wish to take remotely.
- Proctors located within the Miami-Dade County will be automatically denied.
- Students who miss the posted deadline must take their proctored exam at an MDC Testing Center or via ProctorU.
- Your request must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. ET on the submission deadline date posted on the request form. Exceptions will not be made.
What/who qualifies as an eligible remote proctor?
- A testing department/center at a regionally accredited college or university (preferred)
- Faculty members of regionally accredited colleges, universities, or other educational institutions
- High school counselors and principals
- Human resources and educational training staff members
- Commercial testing centers such as Sylvan and Kaplan Learning Centers
- Military educational officers, or commanding officers with a rank of Sergeant or higher
Your classmate, manager/supervisor, co-worker, relative, or friend is not a qualified proctor and cannot proctor your exams. Requests of this kind will be denied.
Proctors must have an institutional/organizational/company email address. MDC Online will not send exam information and passwords to a free or residential email address; including, but not limited to: aol.com, bellsouth.net, att.net, verizon.net, sprint.net, hotmail.com, gmail.com, yahoo.com, ymail.com, and others.
Exams must be administered in an educational or professional environment, such as a classroom or the proctor's office. Any test proctored in a private residence will be deemed invalid. MDC Online proctored exams are computer exams; therefore, make sure that your proctor is able to administer computer-based exams.
Be sure to provide accurate contact information for your proctor, as well as accurate course information. Inaccurate or incomplete information may lead to a delay in approval and may result in your request being denied. You must submit your request before the posted deadlines to allow enough time to approve your proctor.
MDC Online can deny a remote proctor request at its discretion.
For questions or assistance, please contact the MDC Online Student Support Center at 305.237.3800, or email@example.com.