Benefits to applying include:
- Access to federal, state, and institutional grants
- Required for most Scholarships
- Access to college work programs
- Access to low interest rate student loans
Don’t delay apply today!!!
2021- 2022 FAFSA (Fall 2021, Spring 2022, Summer 2022)
2022- 2023 FAFSA (Fall 2022, Spring 2023, Summer 2023)
2021- 2022 Financial Aid Application (FAFSA) Deadlines
- Available October 1, 2020
- For state aid, application must be processed by May 15, 2021
- For federal aid, application must be submitted no later than June 30, 2022
- Corrections or updates must be submitted by September 10, 2022.
Four Important Steps in Applying for Financial Aid
Step 1: Gather Key Information
Student information (and parent information if under the age of 24)
- Social Security Number
- Your Driver’s License Number, if you have one.
- Your Alien Registration Number,if you are not a U.S. citizen.
- 2019 taxes and W-2’s (if applicable) for 2021-2022 FAFSA
- 2020 taxes and W-2's (if applicable) for 2022-2023 FAFSA
- Untaxed income, such as Social Security benefits, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Veterans benefits.
- Information on savings, investments, businesses and farm assets
Step 2: Apply or Renew Through FAFSA
Step 3: Get Your Student Aid Report (SAR)
After the U.S. Department of Education processes your application, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR).
Step 4: Check Your Status on MYMDC Student Portal
Submit and complete any required forms and documents online.