Students who do not meet the below requirements are self-eliminated from the selection process:
- Complete the one-page Firefighter/EMT-Combined application and submit to the Fire Science Program office
- Submit proof of Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) exemption or take the TABE
- Attend a mandatory Informational Session conducted by the Fire Science Program staff
- Pass a State of Florida required medical examination
- Pass Fire Fighter Minimum Standards Physical Ability Test (PAT)
- Fire Academy will conduct random selection of applicants who meet the above criteria
To obtain an information packet and a Firefighter/EMT-Combined packet, please contact the Fire Science Program office: (305) 237-3473 or FireScience@mdc.edu. After the commencement of the Fire Academy portion, there will be a separate selection process for entry into the EMT portion of the Firefighter/EMT-Combined Program. Visit the EMT process for more information.