Apply online to Miami Dade College (Select Start a New Application)
- The application you submit must be for an Associate in Arts degree pathway. See a full list of AA degrees offered by MDC here.
- Make sure to apply for Fall 2024 admission.
- Current Dual enrollment students: If you are currently a dual enrollee (or have attended MDC as a Dual Enrollee within the past year), you are still required to submit an application for the AA degree pathway program.
- If you were a dual enrollee more than a year ago, please submit a new MDC credit application
Honors College Qualifications
MDC Honors College students are selected via a competitive process that includes an online application, letters of recommendation, official test scores, writing samples and a possible interview. There are multiple ways for applicants to tell their stories and demonstrate that they are prepared to be an Honors College Fellow. Applicants are evaluated on the entirety of their background, personal qualities, academic preparation and life experience.
Applicants must demonstrate that they are college-ready through standardized test scores and grade point average (GPA). Please review the application requirements below to determine eligibility.
- Only first time in college applicants are eligible. This means that at the time of application, the applicant has not earned any college credit except for dual enrollment.
- A minimum GPA of 3.7 weighted or 3.5 unweighted is required and applicant must satisfy the Minimum Standardized Test Scores described below in order to meet eligibility criteria.
- Consideration for The Honors College Dual Language program requires a demonstration of Spanish proficiency with any of the following:
- Score of 4 or higher on the AP Spanish Language or AP Spanish Literature test
- Score of 55% on the Spanish Translation & Interpretation exam offered only at the Padrón Campus Testing Center – contact the Padrón Campus Testing & Assessment Department for details
- A or B grade in Spanish Language or Spanish Literature college level class (AICE, IB, AP)
- Earned high school degree in a Spanish-speaking country
Minimum Standardized Test Scores*
- ACT: Reading 19, Math 19, English 17
- SAT: Reading 24, Math 24, Writing and Language 25
- ACCUPLACER Next Generation: Reading 256, Math 261, Writing 253
- CLT: Sum of Verbal Reasoning & Grammar/Writing 38, Math 16
*Test scores are valid for 2 years.
Your current high school transcripts are required as part of your application. In order for your application to be complete by your desired deadline, your transcript must be received or postmarked by that deadline. The Honors College will not accept transcripts delivered in person. Following are the two options for submitting transcripts your school may select from:
Official or unofficial transcripts may be sent via email by an administrative high school official (CAP Advisor, Counselor, Registrar, Principal, Assistant Principal, etc.) to the following email address: Transcripts-Honors@mdc.edu
Note: Transcripts sent by email must be received by the desired deadline.
- U.S. Mail:
Sealed, official transcripts may be sent to the following address:
The Honors College at Miami Dade College
300 NE 2nd Avenue, Suite 1264
Miami, FL 33132
Note: Transcripts sent by mail must be postmarked by the desired deadline.
Applicants who did not attend high school in the United States must have their transcripts translated and evaluated including a GPA evaluation by a certified National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE).
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions about entry into the Honors College? View our Frequently asked questions to get answers.Honors College Admissions FAQs