Applications Opens: September 1, 2022
Priority Consideration Deadline: January 13, 2023
Final Deadline: March 8, 2023
Apply online to Miami Dade College (Select Start a New Application)
- The application you submit must be for an Associate in Arts degree pathway. See a full list of AA degrees offered by MDC here.
- Make sure to apply for Fall 2023 admission.
- Current Dual enrollment students: If you are currently a dual enrollee (or have attended MDC as a Dual Enrollee within the past year), you are still required to submit an application for the AA degree pathway program.
- If you were a dual enrollee more than a year ago, please submit a new MDC credit application
2. Review updated admission criteria to determine if you are eligible to apply for The Honors College
Honors College Qualifications
MDC Honors College students are selected via a competitive process that includes an online application, letters of recommendation, official test scores, writing samples and a possible interview. There are multiple ways for applicants to tell their stories and demonstrate that they are prepared to be an Honors College Fellow. Applicants are evaluated on the entirety of their background, personal qualities, academic preparation and life experience.
Applicants must demonstrate that they are college-ready through standardized test scores and grade point average (GPA). Please review the application requirements below to determine eligibility.
- Only first time in college applicants are eligible. This means that at the time of application, the applicant has not earned any college credit except for dual enrollment.
- The minimum preferred GPA is a 3.7 (weighted or unweighted) and applicant must satisfy the Minimum Standardized Test Scores described below in order to meet eligibility criteria. Multiple test scores may be submitted from the ACT, SAT, and ACCUPLACER Next-Generation (NG) to satisfy this requirement. The admissions committee will superscore, which means they will consider the highest score achieved in each test.
- Consideration for The Honors College Dual Language program at Padrón Campus requires a score of 4 or higher on the AP Spanish Language or Literature tests. Students who have not taken either of these tests are required to score a 70 on the Translation & Interpretation Spanish exam offered at the Padron Campus Testing Center only. Visit the Testing and Assessment site for details on days and times.
Minimum Standardized Test Scores*
- ACT: Reading 19, Math 19, English 17
- SAT: Reading 24, Math 24, Writing and Language 25
- ACCUPLACER NG prior to 8/16/22: Reading 245, Math 242, Writing 245
- ACCUPLACER NG as of 8/16/22: Reading 256, Math 261, Writing 253
- PERT will not be accepted
*Test scores are valid for 2 years.
NOTE: You will need to use your MDC login credentials. If you do not know or forgot your username and password, please visit the MDC Student Portal for assistance
Your current high school transcripts are required as part of your application. In order for your application to be complete by your desired deadline, your transcript must be received or postmarked by that deadline. The Honors College will not accept transcripts delivered in person. Following are the two options for submitting transcripts your school may select from:
Official or unofficial transcripts may be sent via email by an administrative high school official (CAP Advisor, Counselor, Registrar, Principal, Assistant Principal, etc.) to the following email address: Transcripts-Honors@mdc.edu
Note: Transcripts sent by email must be received by the desired deadline.
- U.S. Mail:
Sealed, official transcripts may be sent to the following address:
The Honors College at Miami Dade College
300 NE 2nd Avenue, Suite 1264
Miami, FL 33132
Note: Transcripts sent by mail must be postmarked by the desired deadline.
Applicants who did not attend high school in the United States must have their transcripts translated and evaluated (with GPA) by a NACES member to determine GPA equivalency.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions about entry into the Honors College? View our Frequently asked questions to get answers.Honors College Admissions FAQs
The Honors College Joins the Homestead Campus
The Honors College is pleased to announce and welcome a new class at the Homestead Campus. This new campus will be the fifth Honors Campus at Miami Dade College and will begin accepting students in Fall 2022.
For more information, please contact (305) 237-7077 or email us at email@example.com.