To be eligible for admission to the Medical Assisting Program, you must complete the following steps to become an active Miami Dade College student:
- You are 18 years old and have earned, or will earn at the time of enrollment into the program, a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (GED).
- If you have never taken classes or have not been enrolled at Miami Dade College during the past 12 months, complete an Application for Admission or Readmission to Vocational Credit Courses. Complete the College application here.
- Apply for financial aid.
- If needed, register for and complete the Test of Adult Basic Education (T.A.B.E.) through Testing Services, Room 1303, Medical Campus, 305-237-4275, or through the testing center at any of the other MDC campuses. Get Bursar Authorization form from the Admissions Office or an Advisor.
The T.A.B.E. requirement can be waived by the following:
- Taking the exam and scoring the minimum grade
- Passing ENC1101 and MAT1033 or higher
- Taking the PERT and scoring into ENC1101 and MAT1033 or higher
- Having an AS or AA or higher degree awarded
- Being exempt from placement exams (students must have graduated from a FL public high school after 2007 with a standard diploma)
- Request any former school(s) and/or non MDC college(s) to forward transcripts (including high school and degree) to the Admissions Office.
- Complete the Program Application process by submitting an application for Program Admission. Applications are accepted year round.