To be eligible for admission to Miami Dade College and the Medical Assisting Program, you must complete the following steps:
- You are 18 years old and have earned, or will earn at the time of enrollment into the program, a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (GED).
- If you have not been enrolled at Miami Dade College during the past 12 months, complete an Application for Admission or Readmission to Vocational Credit Courses.
- If needed, register for and complete the Test of Adult Basic Education (T.A.B.E.) through Testing Services, Room 1303, Medical Campus, 305-237-4275, or through the testing center at any of the other MDC campuses. Get Bursar Authorization form from the Admissions Office or an Advisor.
The TABE is met in varies ways:
1. Taking the exam and scoring the minimum grade
2. Passing ENC1101 and MAT1033 or higher
3. Taking the PERT and scoring into ENC1101 and MAT1033 or higher
4. Having an AS or AA or higher degree awarded
5. Being exempt from placement exams (students must have graduated from a FL public high school after 2007 with a standard diploma)
- Request former school and/or non MDC colleges to forward transcripts (including high school and degree) to the Admissions Office.
- Complete the Program Application process by submitting an application for Program Admission. Turn in to New Student Center Room 1113. Applications are accepted year round.
Where Do I Send My MDC Application Materials?
You may send or drop off your MDC application to any admissions office located on any of the seven campuses of Miami Dade College. Applications for admission may also be filled out online.
You must also send the following:
- Official high school transcript and official college transcripts (if available) to the Admissions/Registrar’s Office.
Where Do I Send My Program Application Materials?
Send your Application for Program Admission or visit the Career Technical Education Certificate Student Resource Center, at the address below:
Miami Dade College
Career Technical Education Certificate Student Resource Center, Room 1113
950 N.W. 20th Street
Miami , FL 33127