To be eligible for admission to Miami Dade College and the Medical/Coder/Biller Program, you must complete the following steps:
- You are 18 years old and have earned, or will earn at the time of enrollment into the program, a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (GED).
- If you have not been enrolled at Miami Dade College during the past 12 months, complete an Application for Admission or Readmission to Vocational Credit Courses.
- If needed, register for and complete the Test of Adult Basic Education (T.A.B.E.) through Testing Services, Room 1303, Medical Campus, 305-237-4275, or through the testing center at any of the other MDC campuses. Get Bursar Authorization form from the Admissions Office or an Advisor.
- Request former school and/or non MDC colleges to forward transcripts (including high school and degree) to the Admissions Office.
- Complete the Program Application process by submitting an application for Program Admission. Turn in to New Student Center Room 1113. Applications are accepted year round.
Criteria For Program Selection
Enrollment in the program is limited. Meeting the admissions requirements does not guarantee program acceptance. For this reason, the following selection criteria are used to determine which applicants will be admitted. Please note that there is no waiting list.
- Overall GPA
- Date Program Application was submitted
Final acceptance will be based on the submission of all required documents received at the mandatory program orientation session.