- Apply to Miami Dade College.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Send transcripts from high school and ALL previously attended colleges/ universities to MDC Transcript Processing Services. Students with a foreign degree will need to have a course-by-course evaluation by a NACES approved company. Additionally, those who graduated from an institution located in a country whose native language is not English will need to have a translation by an approved company, and passing TOEFL or IELTS scores in order to validate their foreign degree. Students who do not have the ability to have their foreign baccalaureate degrees posted to MDC must see an advisor at the Medical Campus to discuss their options. You may contact us at email@example.com or at 305-237-4141 for more information.
- Meet with an academic and career advisor at the Medical Campus to discuss program requirements and milestone checkpoints.
- For students who were enrolled in a prior associate of science or bachelor of science nursing program: you are required to submit a letter of good standing from your previous program to firstname.lastname@example.org before the milestone target review date. Failure to do so will deem your milestone review ineligible for consideration.
- Submit a Request for a Milestone Review by the Target Deadline Date.
- Students selected to progress towards discipline courses will receive an email from the School of Nursing to their MyMDC email address (primary email address with the College).
Nursing Options, Program Length and Location Information
All nursing options require prerequisites to be completed. However, once students are accepted, students will take courses in cohorts in a lock-step format. Program lengths are as follows:
- Generic Full-time – 4 semesters
- Medical Campus, Homestead Campus and Baptist Hospital
- Generic Part-time – 7 semesters
- Medical Campus and Homestead Campus
- Transition Option Full-time – 3 semesters
- Transition Option Part-time – 5 semesters
- Accelerated Option – 3 semesters
A total of 72 credits is required for an Associate of Science in Nursing degree. Forty-two of those must consist of credits in the nursing program.
The only course which may be taken concurrently with the nursing program is CGS1060C, however it is strongly recommended that students complete it prior to progressing to discipline courses. Students may meet this graduation requirement with the successful completion of the Computer Skills Placement (CSP) Exam. This requirement may also be completed by students with an AA degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution recognized by MDC.
Note: It is advisable that students complete this course prior to their first semester in the School of Nursing.
- All nursing options are competitive admission.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required
- Natural Science GPA of 2.0 is required
- No more than 2 total grades of D, F, or W in natural science courses
- No more than 1 enrollment with a grade of D, F, or W in any individual natural science course
- Students must successfully complete HSC 0003 – Introduction to Health Care (2.5 credits) and HSC 0003L – Introduction to Health Care Lab (.5 credits) by the end of the prior semester in which they are requesting the milestone review. Students can request a milestone review for the September 1st target review date while enrolled in HSC003/HSC003L for fall. Please note this is a graduation requirement.
- Composite score of greater than 60% on the ATI TEAS entrance exam. The ATI TEAS exam must be taken with a Miami Dade College Testing and Assessment department. Please complete TEAS for Nursing Exam Request Form and the Testing and Assessment Department will reach out to you shortly.
- BSC2085/L and BSC2086/L courses must be completed within the past 10 years
- Cumulative GPA, Natural Science GPA, and the ATI TEAS exam scores will be weighted at 33.333% each in the calculation of the student’s ranking for selection purposes
- All program requirements, including course work and entrance exam, must be completed prior to the request of a Milestone Review.
Note: The Accelerated and Transition options have additional requirements. Please visit the Nursing RN Overview page to review their respective Program Course Lists.
Nursing Program Milestone Review Directions
Complete Program Requirements and follow these steps:
- Students must have all of the program requirements met prior to requesting a Milestone Review Request
- Submit a $25 Milestone Review fee per nursing option
- Target Deadline Dates:
- May 1st – Fall Selection (August):
- Generic - Full-time
- Generic - Part-time
- Transition Option- Full-time
- Accelerated Option
- September 1st – Spring Selection (January):
- Generic - Full-time
- Transition Option - Full-time
- Transition Option - Part-time
- Accelerated Option
Note: While students are able to request which campus they attend, the campus that students complete their discipline classes will be assigned to them based on space availability.