Effective September 6, 2022, NEW ATB Administration Policy
- Retesting may occur every fourteen days.
- No need to repeat tests with passing scores.
- "Save and Finish Later" can be used.
Federal Financial Aid (Title lV) funds are available to students who are not high school graduates, provided they meet the criteria below and are enrolled in an eligible career pathway program (contains two components: an adult education component and a Title IV eligible postsecondary program component).
- Passes an independently administered U.S. Department of Education–approved ATB test.
- Completes at least 6 credit hours or 225 clock hours that are applicable toward a degree or certificate offered by the postsecondary institution.
- Completes a state process approved by the secretary of education. Note: To date, no state process has ever been submitted for the secretary's approval.
Miami Dade College uses the ACCUPLACER Next-Generation for demonstrating readiness for ATB purposes. The administration must be conducted within a College Board ATB site established for MDC. The reading and writing scores from the ATB administration may be used for placement purposes at MDC. It is important to note that ACCUPLACER Next-Generation (NG) scores from any non-ATB administration, cannot be used for ATB purposes. This includes scores from MDC’s regular ACCUPLACER-NG administrations.
To utilize this feature, all test sessions must be administered by an MDC certified ATB proctor using MDC iBP (internet based proctoring). Remote live proctoring with Examity or Proctortrack are not permitted for ATB purposes.
- Ability to Benefit Frequently Asked Questions (EA ID: OPE Announcements-21-02)
- Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act of 2015 (page 926)
- National Skills Coalition
- Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP)
- Dear Colleague Letters
- 2015-05-22 - GEN-15-09 Subject: Title IV Eligibility for Students Without a Valid High School Diploma Who Are Enrolled in Eligible Career Pathway Programs
- 2016-05-09 - GEN-16-09 Subject: Changes to Title IV Eligibility for Students Without a Valid High School Diploma Who Are Enrolled in Eligible Career Pathway Programs
Test takers must meet or exceed the minimum scores on each of the three approved tests in the chart below.
- Retesting may occur every fourteen days (remediation is advised between administrations)
- No need to repeat tests with passing scores
- Save and Finish Later can be used
- Test scores are valid for ATB purposes indefinitely.
- The PERT is not an ATB eligible test.