The testing criteria and guidelines for Bright Futures are as follows:
Bright Futures uses the best section score from any sitting of the same entrance exam to give the student the best possible overall composite score.
- OSFA does NOT use the writing section score from either test.
- ACT scores of .5 or higher will be rounded up to the next whole number, while SAT scores do not require rounding.
- The ACT/SAT exams may be taken through June 30 of the student’s graduation year (or through January 31 for mid-year graduates).
- There is no limit to the number of times a student may retake the test through June 30 of the student’s graduation year.
- Required test scores are higher for home-educated students who cannot produce an official transcript documenting coursework.
- Request test scores be sent to one of Florida’s 12 state universities, Florida state colleges (public community colleges), or public high schools when the student registers for the ACT/SAT so that test scores will be sent to the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) repository.
- The PERT can only be used for Florida Gold Seal Vocational Scholarship (GSV).
Select the links below for Initial Eligibility Requirements (as determined by the Department of Education):
- Florida Academic Scholarship (FAS)
- Florida Medallion Scholarship (FMS)
- Florida Gold Seal CAPE Scholarship (GSC)
- Florida Gold Seal Vocational Scholarship (GSV)