To be eligible for admission to the Clinical Laboratory Science Program at the Medical Campus, you must meet these criteria.
To apply to the program, you must have completed the courses below with a grade of "C" or higher or be currently enrolled in them. Students currently enrolled in these pre-requisites must complete them by the start of the program.
||English Composition 1
||Critical Thinking & Ethics
||The Psychology of Personal Effectiveness
||Fundamentals of Speech
||Human Anatomy & Physiology 1
||Human Anatomy & Physiology 1 Lab
||Human Anatomy & Physiology 2
||Human Anatomy & Physiology 2 Lab
||Chemistry for Health Sciences
|| Chemistry for Health Sciences Lab
- You hold, or will hold at the time of enrollment in the Medical Laboratory Technology Program, a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (GED).
- You have applied to and been fully accepted by Miami Dade College.
- You have passing scores on the Computerized Placement Test (CPT), or, if you have taken the test but have not passed, then you have satisfactorily completed the developmental courses prescribed by MDC as a result of your scores. The CPT can be scheduled through Testing Services at any MDC campus. For exceptions to this requirement, see the MDC Catalog.
- You have earned a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.0 on a scale of 4.0 for any college-level courses you have taken.
- Student must be enrolled in or have successfully completed HSC 0003 – Introduction to Health Care (2.5 credits) and HSC 0003L – Introduction to Health Care Lab (.5 credits).
To apply to the Clinical Laboratory Science Program at the Medical Campus, complete the following steps.
- If you have not been enrolled at Miami Dade College during the past 12 months, complete an Application for Admission or Readmission to College Credit Courses. Choose the Medical Campus as the “preferred” campus.
- Make an appointment to take the Computerized Placement Test (CPT) through Testing Services, Room 1303, Medical Campus, 305-237-4275, or through the testing center at any of the other MDC campuses. You should register at least one month in advance of taking the test, and you should take the test before the date that program application materials are due.
- If you have previously attended any other college or university, arrange for that institution to send official transcripts to the Registrar at the Medical Campus by the due date for program application materials.
- Complete the prerequisite courses.
- Submit an Application for Program Selection to the Medical Campus New Student Center located in room 1113.
- Enroll in and successfully complete HSC 0003 – Introduction to Health Care prior to applying to the program.