Student Emergency Aid
Miami Dade College provides financial assistance to support student success. When funding is available, funds are provided to meet emergency needs that would otherwise prevent students from continuing their education at the College. The Student Emergency Aid is an educational opportunity in which applicants gain awareness of planning and resources to support their success. Students are not expected to repay this interim financial assistance.
Student Emergency Aid shall be awarded based on demonstrated need and in accordance with the specified criteria below:
- Demonstration that emergency need would prevent the student from completing courses.
- Student's explanation of circumstances and need for emergency aid.
- Student's enrollment in credit courses for the current semester and a minimum of 2.0 GPA at MDC.
- Student's completion of FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Emergency funding cannot be used for tuition purposes, including books and fees.
- Student Emergency Aid award will not exceed $500.00 per semester and not exceed $1,000 per academic year.
- Approval of Student Emergency Aid is subject to availability of funds.
- Student must complete the Single Stop online self-screening.
You must complete the application and provide proof of financial hardship with supporting documents as indicated below:
- Complete the Student Emergency Aid application with an explanation of circumstances that require emergency aid.
- Attach a copy of your supporting documents (i.e., car repair quote, utility final notice) demonstrating the need for aid.
- Email the application packet to your campus email address below:
- North campus: email@example.com
- Kendall campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wolfson campus: email@example.com
- Medical campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homestead campus: email@example.com
- Padrón campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hialeah campus: email@example.com
- West campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Supporting Documents
Proof of expenses for emergency need (invoices, quotes, etc.).