Student Emergency Aid
Miami Dade College provides financial assistance to support student success. When funding is available, funds are provided to meet emergency needs to that would otherwise prevent students from continuing their education at the College. The Student Emergency Aid is an educational opportunity in which applicants gain awareness of planning and resources to support their success. Students are not expected to repay this interim financial assistance
Student Emergency Aid shall be awarded on the basis of demonstrated need and in accordance with the criteria specific below:
- Demonstration that emergency need would prevent the student from completing courses.
- Student's explanation of circumstances and need for emergency aid.
- Student's enrollment in credit courses for the current semester at MDC.
- Student's completion of FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Student Emergency Aid award will not exceed $500.00 per semester during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Approval of Student Emergency Aid is subject to availability of funds.
You must complete this application and provide proof of Financial hardship with supporting documents as indicated below.
- Complete this application Student Emergency Aid with explanation of circumstances for need of emergency aid.
- Attach a copy of your supporting documents (i.e. car repair quote, utility final notice) demonstrating need for aid.
- Email the application packet to your campus email address below:
- North campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kendall campus: email@example.com
- Wolfson campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medical campus: email@example.com
- Homestead campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EPC: email@example.com
- Hialeah campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- West campus: email@example.com
Required Supporting Documents
- Proof of expenses for emergency need (invoices, quotes, etc.).