Electronic Health Records
The Electronic Health Record Specialist non-credit course provides training for organizing and managing patient health data in digital and hard-copy formats, ensuring the security, completeness and accuracy of patient data while keeping a sharp eye on details and potential discrepancies.
- audit patient records for compliance
- abstract clinical information for reports
- perform basic coding to submit CMS1500 claims
- review patient records for completeness and accuracy
- effectively communicate with health care providers
Trained electronic health record specialists work with doctors, insurance personnel, healthcare administrators and other professionals in a variety of health and medical environments, including physician offices, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, health agencies and more.
- physicians' offices
- nursing homes
- government facilities
- Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist (CEHRS)
Class Details for Electronic Health Records
- 5 weeks (07/21/2020 – 08/20/2020)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1.00pm – 5.00pm
Professional Development Training
Medical Biller - Coder Specialist
The course features advanced functions of Billing & Coding as well as developing skills and knowledge to successfully submit and appeal CMS claims. Billing & Coding Specialists work in all insurance, healthcare setting and some governmental agencies with reviewing, paying, denying and appealing claims.
- How to submit and appeal a CMS claim using electronic software
- Basic knowledge in coding, documentation, auditing, legal aspects of record release
- Computer and workplace etiquette
- Soft skills training
Trained Medical Billing and Coding specialists work with doctors, insurance personnel, healthcare administrators and other professionals in a variety of health and medical environments, including physician offices, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, health agencies and more.
- Healthcare settings
- Government facilities
Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS)