Cyber Skills for All
About the program
Miami Dade College joins the Cyber Skills for All Community of Practice managed by American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) with funding from Microsoft to elevating cybersecurity pathways through the college as a means of economic development. The grant focuses on strategies to increase participation of students from groups that have historically been underrepresented in the technology and cybersecurity industry.
- Participation in the Community of Practice together with AACC and Microsoft
- Faculty professional development opportunities for current faculty to train and obtain the SC-900 certification from Microsoft and other relevant credentials.
- Development and implementation of new cybersecurity courses focused on preparing students to obtain the SC-900: Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals certification. The instructor-led courses will be offered at the Cybersecurity Center at no cost for underrepresented minorities from the local community.
- Antonio Delgado,VP of Innovation and Technology Partnerships, MDC
- Jorge Ortega, Director Cybersecurity Center
- Dr. Diego Tibaquirá, Lead Cybersecurity Faculty
Full support for this work is provided by the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC).