Lennar A+ Fund
About the program
Lennar Foundation and Miami Dade College have partnered to provide local underrepresented students the opportunity to obtain free IT training and earn a CompTIA A+ industry certification to meet local and national IT helpdesk/support specialist workforce needs.
Students interested in participating in this partnership will benefit from the following advantages:
- free tuition for two college credit courses
- free textbook and CompTIA A+ certification exam vouchers
- free bus pass for transportation to and from Miami Dade College
- access to start-of-the-art technology labs
- seamless transition into a College Credit Certificate in Help Desk Technician
As part of this Lennar Foundation grant, the School of Engineering and Technology (EnTec) will:
- Provide IT training to 100 students to prepare them to pass the CompTIA A+ certification
- Provide support mechanism that engage and encourage underrepresented minorities to study IT.
- Establish entry point for participating students to seamlessly transition into a College Credit Certificate program
- Manny Perez, Dean of Engineering, Technology and Design
The program is supported by the Lennar Foundation.